How to Remove 5 Decadent Dessert and Drink Stains the Smart Way
Is there anything more comforting and indulgent than beautiful food?
We make memories around it, we share our stories with each other, and it’s during meals that we find refreshment and joy.
We also make a mess!
“People who love to eat are always the best people.”
Here’s how a little OutRageous Stain Remover, and a few tips and tricks, can remove drink and dessert stains from clothes so you can focus on the important things, like making memories.
1. Coffee Stains
It’s not a want. It’s a need.
The only problem is that it is often drunk first thing in the morning, when your eyes are still half closed and you aren’t fully awake – that’s what the coffee’s for!
Here’s how to tackle those dark brown coffee stains the outrageously simple way – so you have more time for other things.
- For smaller items, soak the stained item in cold water. For larger items, such as comforters or drapes, sponge the stained area with cool water.
- Pre-treat the stain with Outrageous making sure the area is fully saturated with the stain remover.
- Launder the item on a cool wash.
- Check the stained area before drying as the heat can set a stain, making it a lot tougher to remove.
TIP: Outrageous is a fantastic laundry pre-treatment, so whether the stain is recent or years’ old, treating it with the stain remover will always yield positive results – but you may need to apply it more than once for best results.
“This is the best stain remover I have ever used. I have gotten stains off of clothes with OutRageous that had been on them for a long time. Every stain I have tried it on has come off. No more throwing away stuff because you get some nasty stain on it.”
- Gwen Ellison’s 5-star review, Amazon
2. Tea Stains
A cup of tea makes everything better.
But what happens when the tea spills on your grandma’s white table-cloth or your favorite blouse?
- Holding the garment over the sink, pour warm water over the stained area to flush out the fabric.
- Saturate the stain with OutRageous and let it stand for a few minutes.
- Launder the item as usual.
- Set in stains may need more than 1 treatment with Outrageous so always make sure to check clothing before placing in the dryer.
Ready for another cup of tea?
3. Wine Stains
There’s nothing as relaxing as enjoying a glass of wine after a long day.
But all that relaxation can lead to some of that gorgeous red liquid landing on your clothes, the sofa or the carpet. Naturally, the surface it lands on is usually cream or white – why!?!
Well, there’s no use crying over spilled wine – with some OutRageous, you’ll be able to laugh it off!
- Soak the garment in cold water for about 30 minutes. For larger items, generously sponge the area with cold water for a few minutes.
- Pre-treat the stain with OutRageous and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Launder the garment on a cold wash.
- Check the item before drying as heat will set the stain.
“I love this product, it's amazing! Just tried this and it got this very tough wine stain out after letting it sit for about 4 minutes.”
- Albert's 5-star review, Rejuvenate
4. Chocolate Stains
What’s silky smooth, melts in your mouth, and is often eaten in the middle of the night?
If you guessed chocolate - you got it right!
Here’s how to tackle the mess – and hide the evidence – the morning after your midnight feast!
- Scrape off any excess chocolate with a knife (or fingernail – so handy!)
- Soak the item in cool water for half an hour or so. Generously sponge larger items with cold water for a few minutes.
- Saturate the stain with OutRageous.
- Launder on the hottest cycle safe for the fabric to yield the best results.
Tip: Only use cool water when treating chocolate stains on clothing. While it may be tempting to use hot water to pre-treat the stain, heat will only help set the stain making it nearly impossible to remove.
“This stain remover says what it does and does what it says. Again, I am impressed. My first time ever trying a stain remover, pre-treater. I'm so used to just pouring in the detergent, and that's it. Now I can see why people pre-treat clothing. This newbie has learned something. I like it, it smells great, and it works! I do recommend this, and also, a little bit goes a long way.”
- Brooklyn's 5-star review, The Home Depot
5. Ice-Cream Stains
Cold creamy deliciousness in a crispy cone on a hot summer’s day – could it get any better?
Due to the protein base of ice-cream, it can actually be one of the trickiest stains to remove – OutRageous to the rescue!
- If the ice-cream is dry, scrape off as much as you can with a knife.
- Pre-treat the stain with OutRageous.
- Leave the garment soaking for at least 30 minutes in room temperature water.
- Saturate the stain with more OutRageous, after rinsing, and work it into the stain with a brush.
- Repeat the above steps until you can’t see any sign of the stain.
- Let the garment air dry before thoroughly checking the garment to see if the stain is history – ice cream stains have a way of reappearing as pale yellow marks.
- Once the stain is gone, launder as usual.
TIP: For the best results with ice-cream stains, treat the stain as soon as possible and avoid any heat in the stain-treating process.
“Best stain remover ever!”
- Murray's 5-star review, The Home Depot
There's something about decadent food and drinks that makes life shine a little brighter. However: food stains and extra time in the laundry probably evoke the exact opposite feeling!
Make your laundry routine simple use OutRageous, along with these tips and tricks, and get back to enjoying yourself – you deserve it!