Oops, They Spilled It Again; Removing Drink Stains from Carpets
Removing Common Drink & Beverage Stains from Carpets
“There’s not a man, woman or child on the face of the earth who doesn’t enjoy a tasty beverage.”
- David Letterman
Who doesn’t enjoy a cup of hot coffee in the morning, a refreshing glass of iced tea on a hot summers day or the creamy goodness of a milkshake?
Unfortunately spilling any of these drinks or beverages is generally met with panic, as you wonder how you’re ever going to get that stain out without replacing your entire carpet.
How to Clean That Mess
Rejuvenate’s Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner is the perfect option for cleaning up without worrying about your landlord keeping your entire security deposit when you move out.
“This product worked as advertised even on red wine spill on carpet. Any stains on clothing were easily removed. Just be careful as to how the product is handled and follow the directions. Overall a good value for the money.”
- Mulch’s 5-star review, The Home Depot
1. Coffee Stains
Coffee, java, joe, the dark elixir. No matter what you call it, coffee and tea spills are some of the hardest and most difficult stains to remove from carpets.
Many people won’t even think about starting their day without a cup of this delicious brew, and you may even need pots and pots of coffee to get through that tough cleaning project.
Cleaning carpets shouldn’t be a chore, follow these tips to quickly and easily remove even the most difficult coffee stains.
- If the spill is recent, use a clean cloth to soak up as much of the spilled coffee as possible.
- Spray Rejuvenate Carpet Cleaner on the stain.
- Use a clean rag, to work the stain remover into the affected area.
- Let the product work overnight or until the area that’s been treated is dry to the touch.
- Vacuum to lift and fluff up the carpet fibers and guess what!?! No more stain!
TIP: Rejuvenate Carpet & Upholstery Spot & Stain Remover is a bio enzymatic cleaner formulated to work on both new and old stains. You’ll see instant results on lighter stains and the most stubborn stains will fade away overnight!
“I touched up a lot of spots with my neighbors’ bottle of rejuvenate and it worked so well I order a bottle for myself.”
- Wiz’s 5-star review, Amazon
2. Fruit Juice
Neon red fruit punch or bright orange carrot juice on your brand-new light gray carpet – arrg!
Spilling fruit juice or fruit based drinks on your carpet is one of the worst stains you’ll ever face. Most fruit juices are rich in natural colors or artificial dyes.
Do this the next time you need to remove fruit juice stains from carpet. The key to successfully treating juice stains is to treat them when the stain is still fresh.
- Use a clean, dry cloth or rag to soak up as much of the spill as possible
- Spray the spot treater on the stained area of the carpet.
- Using a clean microfiber cloth or chamois sponge, work the stain remover into the carpet.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 if necessary.
- Let the treated area dry, the stain will continue to fade overnight.
- In the morning, simply vacuum the area - this last step will help fluff up and revive any matted carpet fibers.
Is it time for another cup of juice?
3. Red Wine Stains
This is another one that ranks right up there with fruit juice. Here’s some handy advice for cleaning red wine stains out of your carpet.
- If you just spilled that glass of Cabernet on your rug, use a clean cloth to soak up as much of the spill as possible.
- Spray the carpet and upholstery cleaner on the wine stain.
- Using a clean rag, work the stain remover into the carpet.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 if necessary, until no more signs of the stain remain.
- Let the treated area dry overnight to let the product continue to work its magic.
- In the morning vacuum the area clean.
And there it is – the perfect solution for cleaning up wine stains!
TIP: Whether the carpet stain is recent or many years old, treating it with OutRageous Stain Remover will always yield positive results – you may just need to apply it more than once.
“So far, I've used this product on throw rugs, auto carpet and matts, spot cleaned the living room carpet and even the couch. This product does not disappoint. Simply spray it on, leave it set and dry and with virtually no scrubbing, this product makes those stains vanish!”
- Will W’s 5-star review, Rejuvenate
5. Soda Stains
Soft drinks, especially cola or orange soda, can make for a sticky situation on your carpet.
- Blot up the spilled soda with a cloth or towel.
- Spray Rejuvenate Carpet Cleaner on the stained area.
- Use a microfiber towel and work the cleaner into the carpet. Make sure you don’t over saturate the area – your rug already got a good soaking from the soda!
- Let the product work overnight, or until the carpet is dry to the touch.
- To fluff up the carpet fibers, vacuum the treated area and your carpet will be back to looking good as new!
6. Chocolate Milkshakes
Due to the protein base of ice-cream, chocolate milkshakes, and really all flavors, are a tricky stain to remove from carpets. The powerful enzymes in the Rejuvenate carpet cleaner help dissolve fats and proteins for instant results!
- Use a dry cloth or towel to remove as much of the milkshake as you can.
- Apply a generous amount of the carpet & upholstery cleaner to the stained area.
- Use a sponge or microfiber cloth to gently work the stain remover into the carpet.
- Repeat the above steps if needed.
- Let the stain remover work overnight.
- Rise and shine and vacuum in the morning!
“No more stains. We all have situations that happen with spills when there are gatherings with multiple people at our home. Accidents just happen. The Rejuvenate Carpet and Upholstery Spot and Stain Remover is a great product. I had tried soap and water but the food stains were still apparent. I followed the instructions using the Rejuvenate on my carpet and sofa, let it stand for a few minutes and to my surprise, the areas were clean and spotless without discoloration or damaging the carpet or upholstery.”
- Terri’s 5-star review, The Home Depot
Spend less time cleaning, and more time enjoying life, when you include Rejuvenate products in your regular cleaning routine. Rejuvenate Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner is Greenguard Gold Certified meaning it’s been tested and certified for low VOC emissions.
Make your carpet cleaning routine simple by using our carpet spot and stain remover, along with these helpful tips, for perfect results every time!