Just in Time for Summer; Hot Outdoor Living Trends
Just in Time for Summer; Hot Outdoor Living Trends
Spring is in the air and summer is right around the corner! Long days and nights spent outside enjoying the fresh air, toasting marshmallows around the fire pit, or swimming under the hot sun; who knows what’s in store for summertime fun? Today we bring you some of this season’s hottest outdoor living trends for home and garden.
1. Edible Landscape: Why not bring some beauty, fragrance and some of your favorite flavors to your yard by simply adding some amazing edible plants. There are so very many fruits, vegetables, trees, herbs, and shrubs that are just as attractive, if not, more attractive than the ones growing in the average flower garden.
Shoot for bold and vibrant colored edible plants, such as society garlic, that will stand out against the lush greenery in the background. Just imagine a beautiful arbor bearing juicy sweet grapes right off of your deck. You can train currants, blueberry, and elderberry plants to grow into beautiful hedges that will give you tasty, plump berries to boot. If you don’t have much space in your yard, no worries, there are miniature fruit trees and plants that will grow in pots scattered along your deck, balcony or patio.
2. Activity & Play Spaces: Kids and adults alike enjoy outdoor activities like jungle gyms, playhouses, tree houses, little kiddie zip lines, sandboxes and so much more. Not only are there so many different types of outdoor play spaces but they come in so many different shapes, styles, and sizes.
If you can’t find your child’s favorite character or movie themed playhouses you could always get one personalized or if you’re handy enough DIY. And if you decide to turn a storage shed into an outdoor playhouse for your children, you can treat the siding with an outdoor porous surface sealer to create a barrier that locks out water and moisture.
3. Outdoor Kitchens: Whether it’s the big stainless steel grills or an outdoor cob oven, outdoor kitchens seem to be a big deal in the outdoor trends department. Adding an outdoor kitchen to your home lets you can entertain guests al fresco style during those sweet summer evenings. There are very basic and simple outdoor kitchens and there are also the more elaborate setups to please the gourmet chef.
Summer storms seem to knock the power out, so an outdoor kitchen can be really handy during those times. There are more and more outdoor kitchen appliances available every year from your local home improvement store. Imagine, an entire working kitchen right on your patio, when you walk out the backdoor. Outdoor kitchens can be purchased in prefabricated kits, installed by professionals, or you can make a do-it-yourself project out of it and design your own outdoor cooking space however you see fit.
4. Bringing the Indoors Outdoors: Technology can truly be amazing! You won’t have to look very far to find tons of incredible outdoor furniture such as benches, lawn chairs, and the well-known wicker furniture. All of those items are pretty typical, but have you heard about the outdoor couches and ottomans? With the right set-up, you can bring just about your whole living room outdoors for your next barbecue. To keep those lounge chairs looking like new, use Rejuvenate Restorer Wipes to bring those faded surfaces back to a brilliant shine.
Waterproof televisions, outdoor stereo systems with wireless speakers and Bluetooth capabilities are all available for this summer’s outdoor pleasure. There is even a video game projector compatible with the Sony PS4 and the Xbox One so your kids can bring the gaming night outside by the fire. The outdoor projector can also be used to enjoy movies on Netflix and Hulu.
5. Natural Materials: “Going Green” is a really big theme these days. With things like climate change and pollution, more people are looking into renewable energy, as well as, natural resources. The less plastic generated the better! You can replace your plastic lawn furniture with hemp, bamboo, wood and other natural products.
These days, more and more people are opting into building on a more ecofriendly level. For instance, people are building homes, sheds, outdoor kitchens and play areas with materials like adobe, cob, earthbags, straw bales, etc. All of these items are cheaper, earth-friendlier, and trendier than modern plastics and other non-biodegradable materials.
6. Water Fun: What’s a summer without some water fun? Boring, that’s what. Whether you’re looking for permanent fixtures or something more temporary there’s something out there for everyone. Swimming pools, water slides, hot tubs, saunas, oh my!
Outdoor showers are becoming more common in many areas. An outdoor shower is almost a necessity in coastal areas so you can rinse of salt and sand after a dip in the ocean. These cleaning spaces also double as a convenient way to rinse mud and dirt off your pets before bringing them inside at the end of the day.
There is so much beauty to be witnessed outdoors. Summer is typically full of fun, excitement and sometimes a little hard work. Outdoor fun is fantastic but just as it is important to have fun it is also important to make sure your outdoor equipment and gear are well taken care of out in the elements.
Waterproofing and weatherproofing your decks, kitchen gear, and play centers can extend the looks, life, and strength of your products. For a quick and easy way to clean your outdoor windows and siding, turn to a product you can trust like Rejuvenate’s Outdoor Window and Surface Cleaner. Now go out and enjoy the weather!